Friday, October 3, 2008

Brrrrrr.

There was a time in my life when I was all for not turning on the heat until there was a blizzard outside. I believe I was early 20s and living off of more than I earned. I would wear a few shirts, sweatshirt, sweatpants with thermal longjohns, winter socks, shoes, gloves, hat... all while inside. And a thick blanket. Just to watch TV. For a singleton that's fine, we can all relate to situations like that. But when you are 6 months pregnant and have a 20 month old? No heat SUCKS. Its one for you to shiver and have cold toes, but quite another to see your daughter shiver while trying to eat a waffle for breakfast. Our heat is not working. The landlord could not get the pilot light to light and cannot get someone to come look at it until Monday... I tried turning on the heat Thursday. So that is 4 nights with no heat. I just received a space heater on loan from my dad. Thank you daddy!!! However, it makes me nervous leaving such things plugged in without supervision so it will stay in the living room and will only be on during the day. At night Jordan will be bundled up in blanket sleepers and her winter blanket and I will be bundled up as well. Send us warm thoughts please!

No comments: