Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crock Pot Thursdays - Weekend Chicken

So I thought I would try something new... I love posting recipes here, but I also love my crock pot. I think if I tell myself I want to post a new crockpot recipe every Thursday I will be more likely to use my crock pot that week!

Here's a new recipe I tried. I bought a cookbook awhile ago that is published by Lipton, so all recipes have some form of Lipton dried soup in it. This particular recipe I changed around a little based on what ingredients I had lying around the house.

2 lb chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes, seasoned, undrained
8oz sliced mushrooms
1 package Lipton Golden Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup dry red wine
(I had 1lb small potatoes that needed to be used up so I cut those up and included them in the recipe)

Place mushrooms at the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top. (Place potatoes on top of those... or any other veggie you wish to add.) In a separate bowl combine tomatoes, soup mix, and wine. Pour into crock pot.



Cook on low 8 hours, or on high 4 hours.

I realized at dinner time that pasta would have gone well with this dish but didn't have time, so I heated up some leftover brown rice we had in the refrigerator. Salad was also served with dinner.


EDIT:
fyi, this tasted so much better with pasta. And I realize that adding potatoes was super weird. Would have tasted great with a green veggie in it!!

No comments: