Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweet and Sour Chicken Pizza


You can use any pizza dough recipe, or this one here. I happened to use a different dough recipe that I thoroughly liked, just for something different.

3/4 precooked chicken cut into strips. I used chicken from our roasted chicken I made last night.
4 Tbsp sweet and sour sauce
1 pound pizza dough at room temperature (one pizza dough recipe)
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese blend
1/2 small red onion chopped
(1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained... I used less since I am not a fan of pineapple)

Preheat oven to 500F. Lightly coat a 14 inch pizza pan with nonstick spray.

Coat the chicken with the sweet and sour sauce, set aside.

Roll out the dough into a 14 inch circle. Place on the pan.

Scatter the cheddar cheese over the crust. Scatter chicken, onion, and pineapple. Drizzle honey BBQ sauce over the toppings. Scatter colby jack cheese.

Place in oven and bake for 8-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust has browned on the bottom.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments: