Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Peanut Butter Chocolate Time!

Every year, around March, I gain weight... Maybe it is the depression caused by seemingly never ending winter weather that makes me gain. Or maybe it is the abundance of Easter candy in EVERY store. Probably the latter (with a bit of Girl Scout Cookies mixed in). But this year I am determined not to cave, no matter how much snow is outside or how crazy my kids are being inside for months on end.

Peanut butter chocolate eggs are my favorite. There is something amazing about the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. It is just divine! It is my weakness. I have been in the stores twice this week and each time I picked up a package of candy but was able to force myself to put it back. Probably because my husband was with me each time and I tend to eat my peanut butter chocolate candies in private, like it is a dark secret of mine! But yesterday I just HAD to have the combination. Lack of car forced me to come up with my own . And to be honest, it is much more satisfying to eat something that I made myself. I decided to make cupcakes, because Jordan loves to decorate them.

They were way too delicious, thankfully I was able to contain myself and not eat the entire dozen regular size and dozen mini cupcakes. These are the recipes I used: cupcake and icing. FYI, I substituted all the white flour with whole wheat flour and used 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/8 stick of butter instead of 1/2 cup of butter.

Sous Chef Jordan - Master decorator


Finished product... YUM!

No comments: