Thursday, April 17, 2008

Caught!

Our office has a "thief"... random things disappear if you aren't careful. Normally these are food products. You know, you bring food in for yourself and put it in a bag in the fridge, quite obvious that it belongs to someone. A few days later and half your cottage cheese is missing!! Then an apple core (who takes these??), or a banana, or your cheese dip. My grapefruit must have grown arms and legs, opened the fridge from the inside, and ran away. Now a knife is missing. Anyway, back to the current story.

My co-workers and I have a suspect. It is confirmed on only 2 occassions. Well, here's what happened today:

So I'm sitting in my office finishing up lunch and Suspect walks by. Suspect sees my People magazine (well, my mom's magazine) and comes into my office.

"Whose magazine is this?" Suspect asks while picking it up and flipping through it.

"Mine".... long pause.... " I haven't read it yet, but you can borrow it when I'm done."

"Oh"... another long pause.... "that's ok. You go ahead and read it".

Um, thanks? its mine and I was going ot read it anyway.

Glad I was here. I must remember to keep my office door closed when it is vacant from now on!

No comments: