Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reason #1 why breastfeeding SUCKS

I am sick. Oh so sick. Most people would shake their head at me complaining because it is just a cold. However, MOST people can take any over-the-counter medications they want. I am a breastfeeding momma who is restricted to ibuprofen, tylenol, and cough drops. Do any of them help? HELL NO! I have been voiceless for 4 days now. I finally gave in and took today off of work.
Sleep, gatorade, and Anne of Green Gables are helping me recover! If I manage to shower before getting baby from daycare, then I will get some ice cream too.

Send some good health vibes my way!

1 comment:

Kristy Lynn said...

Breastfeeding towards the end SURE does suck! Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled I made it a year!!!! I am thankful not a single drop of formula touched my babys lips.

But all this pumping business is making me nutso. This last month can't get quick enough!

OK, I'm done venting.

Good on ya for making it this long! We are 2 of VERY VERY few full time nursing working moms.

Pats on the backs to us!