Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sundae On Sunday FAIL

Have you ever agreed to something that you thought was possibly a bad idea but wanted to be the good guy and it turned out wrong anyway? That was me on Sunday. I thought I was the COOL mom who let their kids eat an ice cream sundae for lunch.

Dumb, right?

RIGHT!

We went to the Museum of Science and Industry in the city to see the trains and tornado exhibits. Our kids were pretty much done for at about 11:30am, right when the ice cream shop in the museum opened. Great, lets use our new membership and get 10% off, and get a really cool brownie ice cream sundae. Kids were in HEAVEN! 3 scoops of yummy vanilla ice cream on top of a brownie, each ball of ice cream surrounded by tons of whipped cream, and a cherry on top of each. Oh, and smothered in hot fudge.

YUM!

Let me just say, now that I am an experienced mom.... Ice cream + lunch time + hour car ride home = daughter puking.

YUCK!

Thankfully daughter said later, when she was feeling better, "I am never going to eat ice cream and brownie at the same time again. It made me sick!" Let's see if she remembers that next time she asks for a sundae.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

aw
i'm sure that was not too fun :(

my daughter through up after a dental procedure the ice cream that they gave her
she said she was never eating it again
til the next day, lol
then she clarified...only ice cream in a cup makes her sick :)