Friday, June 18, 2010

Eating My Words

There are things I have said in the past, when I was childless, that I SWORE I would never do when I had children. When you are an adult but without children it is so easy to comment on parenting. Little do you know that being a parent is entirely different!

I am about to embark on the long drive from the Chicago area to Pittsburgh with my two small children all on my own. A very frightening thought, in my mind. So my husband decided it was time to buy dual screen portable DVD player. You know, the portable DVD player I SWORE we would never buy because I grew up doing long car trips and NEVER needed one myself? Yeah, that same DVD player just spent 10 hours in the car for a test run. And my goodness, am I glad we purchased them. I have never heard the back seat so pleasant for so long.

So here I sit, tired from the long drive, eating my words. I am sure another situation will happen again soon where I will be feasting again!

No comments: