Monday, May 10, 2010

26 Hours Please!

I wonder if any other mommy feels the way I do, that each day needs at least 2 more hours in it. Preferably while children are sleeping. I wake up at 6am to my two wide awake children. The entire day is filled with activities to keep them happy, cooking, (minimal) cleaning, and whatever else the day may bring. Then they go to bed and I have about 2-3 hours to do everything I want to do before I go to bed myself. That might seem like a lot, but I work at night, I have crafts I want to work on, and there is the ever-neglected list of chores. No wonder my blog is neglected so much, there just isn't enough time in the evenings to get it all done!!

How can one person possibly juggle all this without staying up until the wee hours of the night? That is just not an option for me. I doubt my parenting abilities would be even sub-par if I went to bed later than 10 pm every night. So, powers above, please add 2 more hours to my evenings so I can be more productive and less overwhelmed! Thank you ever so much!

Edited to add... in case anyone noticed, I have figured out how to change the layout of my blog. This, plus some major editing to html (which I've NEVER done before) took me an hour to do... and hour in which I should have been working... OOPS!

2 comments:

BlessedMomof2 said...

I agree (and I think it should be mandatory that children sleep during requested extra 2 hrs!).

I LOVE your new layout...CUTE CUTE!

Kate said...

thank you for the positive feedback!

i am so hopeful for spring weather....