Saturday, September 11, 2010

Salsa


I have been CRAVING my friend Nicki's homemade salsa. She used to make it in the summers and bring extras into work. Those were some of my favorite work days! I got the recipe from her and finally made it myself. Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! The tomatoes were given to me by a local friend who grew them in her garden. I think they added the special touch homemade salsa deserves! Here is the (incredibly vague) recipe!

"dice 2-3 tomatoes, 1-2 jalapenos, 1-2 banana peppers, fresh garlic, and fresh cilantro. and some onion and pepper. the amounts used depend on how much you want to make, but I usually start with the tomatoes and keep adding the other stuff until I like the way it looks (and tastes!). then put lemon and/or lime juice on it. "

No comments: