Sunday, September 19, 2010

5 Years


Today is my five year marriage anniversary. Five years ago, I pledged to be the wife, best friend, confidant, companion, and provide unconditional support for my husband. I couldn't have picked a better man to want to spend the rest of my life with.

Our lives have been filled with a lot, it has not been particularly easy, emotionally or financially. But what marriage is perfect? Despite our disagreements, our hardships, our disappointments, we have found unconditional love, we have created two beautiful children, we have found rainbows in the storms.

I know that with my husband by my side, I can be anything and do anything I put my heart to. I know he will support my decisions in regards to our children, our household, my life. I know that when I am being ridiculous and irrational he will tell me, not because he thinks I am in the wrong, but because he cares.

We have grown from geeky band members in high school to lovers in college to best friends and partners in our later 20s. We have learned how to tolerate each others's little annoyances, how to share our spaces, what each other likes to eat, drink, listen to, what clothes we prefer to wear. We have been blessed with two children who continue to fill our hearts with more joy than we could have ever imagined.

I know we still have bumpy roads ahead of us. Many more stressful moves, more losses, more heartache. But there is always a flip side. Each move brings us another chance at rebuilding what we leave behind, chances to fix our mistakes. Each loss and heartache strengthens our bonds, reminds us what love is and why it is so important.

I love my husband. I would chose him again and again to be with me. Thank you, husband, for choosing me. I will continue to ensure you made a good choice too!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

This is such a sweet post! Congrats on 5 years of marriage, and I wish you many more.

Natasha :)