Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Ready For Holidays


Now that we exercise in the mall, Jordan has been seeing all the decorations and trees and decided we had to have our tree up. We complied. Here is our small, prelit, fake tree. I love it!! Still need to get some of our ornaments out of the shed.

My mom sent us a gingerbread house kit. I think that this might be a tradition we continue every year. Perhaps one day I'll be brave enough to make the gingerbread from scratch. This year we had to put up with melting the sugar and making the icing. Sugar was difficult. I had to "glue" back together some of the pieces that broke during transit. I was a bit annoyed and I messed up the roof. Chimney was omitted... We ate it while waiting for the sugar to solidify!




We sent Dave to the store three times. Time 1: m&ms; Time 2: more m&ms; Time 3: more powdered sugar for the icing. Jordan insisted that we use pink icing. It was cute. I didn't make the icing thick enough so we had to keep putting the house in the fridge before the icing and m&ms dripped off.


Finished product. It looks bad, but I'm so proud!!!


No comments: