Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another Unwelcomed Guest

I think our house is being hit by another illness... the dreaded cold! Baby is snotting and sounding like a coffee machine, and I just feel completely run down and my throat is sore. So far no fevers. Baby is clingier than normal. I can't tell is I am just tired because I pushed myself harder yesterday and baby is acting out because he could be getting teeth... or we're just getting a cold. Probably the latter. Or all 3.

It seems this year is far worse than all years past in terms of illnesses. Everyone's facebook status seems to involve colds, fevers, flus, or puke. Incidences of the dreaded man colds are on the rise too. ;) It scares me. Normally I am not a germ-a-phobe, but maybe I should be more careful? I have never been one to cancel a playdate because the other child has a runny nose... but maybe I should? Is natural selection mad at modern medical advancement and trying to get things under control by wiping some of us out?? This season scares me, it really does.

We will be boarding a plane in 15 days to visit family for Thanksgiving. God only knows what crazy illnesses will be floating around that airtight cabin of the airplane. EEK.

On a side note, this is my 250th post! GO ME!

No comments: