Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sugar Cookies


The entire family is having an off day today, so I thought sugar cookies were in order. I'm not a huge fan of sugar cookies, but we just acquired quite a few cookie cutters, and I wanted to try one of them out. Jordan is into piggies at the moment, so I thought it was a perfect idea. Plus we only have pastel food coloring... I'm not sure the dinosaurs want to be pink or light blue =)

I used this recipe and they turned out pretty good. Definitely a keeper. here is the icing recipe. We got halloween pumpkin and kitty cookie cutters, so I think I need to get some orange and black food coloring. I could have been more creative, like melting chocolate to put on the feet to make them "messy piggies" or make eyes... but that would have required much more energy than I had today.

Edit to add.... since making the piggies we have made T-Rexs, Stegosauruses, black cats, and pumpkins! i'm all sugar cookied out!!!

No comments: